Tuesday, February 8, 2011
... She died of what?
"Buttocks injections gone wrong" is the headline of this tragic story of a British woman who died Tuesday morning after having a makeshift injection procedure in a Philadelphia Hampton Inn.
Philly.com reports that Claudia Adusei, who along with her surviving friend received injections from two unknown (and likely unlicensed) young women, dialed 9-1-1 around 1:30 this morning. Adusei was soon after taken to Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital and pronounced dead. A toxicology report is pending, and investigators are still searching for the two women believed to be responsbile for Adusei's death.
This isn't the first time someone has popped-up in the news for such an outlandish reason (and surely won't be the last time), and more notably, this isn't the only oddball news story to arise from the City of Philadelphia lately.
I love living in the so-called "sixth borough of New York" as much as the next weave-loving, hipster-hugging, cheesesteak-chomping Philadelphian, but this is getting to be a bit much. The heart of the American Revolution is quickly solidifying its status as the capital of the crazies.
At least Vegas is business-savvy enough to cover up its crime and immorality with a catchy slogan. Instead, Philadelphians just get headlines about people dying from ass injections and "Guardian Angels" that think they can fight crime by walking around town wearing a red beret and giving a "thumbs up."
Benjamin Franklin's silicone-less ass cheeks would certainly frown at the sight of today's Filthadelphia.